Call us today to find out how the new change will effect you – ISO 45001:2018
45001 Awareness Course
ISO 45001 training is essential for any organisation that wants to ensure good safety practice across their organisation. The ISO 45001 standard is set to replace OHSAS 18001 and AS/NZ4801, the previous management systems standard used worldwide and throughout Australia for occupational health and safety.
ISO 45001 can help you to put policies, procedures and controls in place to ensure that your company can achieve the best possible safe working conditions whilst simultaneously aligning itself to internationally recognised legislation and best practice procedures.
Our ISO 45001 training course have been designed to give attendees a detailed understanding of the best practice techniques used in the monitoring and maintenance of occupational safety management systems that meet the requirements set by ISO 45001:2018.
This one day ISO 45001 transition course is aimed at those with an existing knowledge of OHSAS 18001:2007 and AS/NZ4801, who want to learn about the potential impact of ISO 45001 on your existing occupational health and safety management system and understand the differences between OHSAS 18001:2007/AS/NZ4801 and ISO 45001. The course is ideal for any management systems manager and/or management representative that is responsible for managing the transition from OHSAS 18001:2007 to ISO 45001.
The ISO 45001 transition course consists of a mixture of presentations and group exercises. Upon completion of the course you can expect to have gained a detailed understanding of the following areas:
- The concepts and requirements defined in ISO 45001 and how they differ from OHSAS 18001:2007/AS/NZ4801
- What needs to be revised in your current occupational health and safety management system and how it may be addressed
- The significance of organizational context and adopting a risks and opportunities approach to occupational health and safety management
- Process-based thinking and how to demonstrate its application
- The change in emphasis concerning documentation
- The expectations of your certification body when assessing ISO 45001
- How to help your organisation through the transition.
ISO 9001:2015 & ISO 14001:2015
Recently there have been updates of the ISO 9001:2008 quality and ISO 14001:2004 environmental standards. The changes include:
- 10 section structure
- Key concepts
JAS-ANZ has advised that certification to the ISO 9001:2008 standard and ISO 14001:2004 standard will cease to be valid from 14th September 2018 and that the organisations with their systems based on those old standards must transition no later than 6 months prior to this date, being the 14th March 2018.
Standard Consulting can update your management system to incorporate the new requirements with minimal changes to your organisation. Alternatively, you could also attend one of our training sessions on the transition requirements.